Temptation


by Leah Mueller

He’s coming downhill while I’m going up. The harsh streetlight illuminates a familiar face. Yeah, it’s Miles. The guy I spent a night with three years ago, before he returned to his ex-wife.

Miles grins when he sees me. “You look great.” He looks damn great himself, but I have a partner and a baby now. “Wanna come to my place?”

Miles lives next door to my mother. Bisbee is that kind of town. I shouldn’t go. My two kids are resting on Mom’s floor. On the other hand, they’ll sleep until morning.

“Sure,” I say. “For a little while.”

━━━━⊱༒︎ • ༒︎⊰━━━━

Leah Mueller's work appears in Rattle, Best Small Fictions, Certain Age, Writers Resist, The Shallot, NonBinary Review, Brilliant Flash Fiction, New Flash Fiction Review, Does It Have Pockets, Outlook Springs, Your Impossible Voice, etc.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that we are here to support each other.